1. Lower your living room to create a conversation pit. The bi-level living room will give your home an incredibly spacious yet cozy effect. And unique, too!
2. Display your book collection under the stairs. Usually a difficult space to decorate, the triangle the stairs create is perfect for cubes.
3. Make space for two dishwashers instead of one. You can load one while the other washes. Also consider a double drawer dishwasher. With the kitchen being the focal point of most modern homes, these interesting appliances will be not only a time saver but a conversation starter.
4. Maximize your space with baseboard drawers. These are especially helpful in the kitchen and bathroom. It also fits with the continuing trend of creating spaces for organization. Such spaces are the #1 topic searched on HOUZZ.
5. Adding a bookcase to a door can create the illusion of a hidden room. Just like a spy!
6. An S-shaped seat turns your shower or steam room into one you can LIE DOWN IN. More than that, it becomes an aid for function needs like making it easier to shave your legs.
7. Mix countertop materials and add a convenient eating space to your kitchen island. Again a great way to add interest to your most important room.